The Best Time To Shop Clearance Sales

When is the best time to shop seasonal clearances on women's clothes? I know they always have sales, but which one is the best one?

By Margaret

Best Answer

Here in the Midwest, the summer stock is needed gone for room for fall and winter merchandise beginning July 4. The winter is needed gone around Presidents Day.

Here's a webpage that tells the best time of year to shop for many things: http://www.getr  most-everything/

It's an interesting list, although I don't necessarily agree with all of it.

If I had to pick one best month for clearance sales, February would be it. In the last couple weeks, I've seen excellent clothing and costume jewelry clearances. February is also a great time to buy discontinued/marked down cosmetics and toiletries at discount and drug stores.

It depends on the type of clothes you want to buy. If you want to get winter type clothing the best time for clearance items would be in the next month or two as Spring styles are coming in and the stores need the racks for the new clothes. If you want summer type clothes you are looking atmaybe October. Maybe even a bit earlier.

Couple weeks ago I bought 2 marketd down casmere sweaters at Kohl's for $22.50 ea. I decided I didn't want to pay that much so I was going to return them. When I got in the store I thought to myself "wonder what they're ringing up now". So I found the scanner and low and behold they scanned $7.50. So when I took them to customer service for a refund I told her I wanted them but at the lower price and a refund on my account for the difference. I had a 15% off coupon so the two sweaters cost me $13.80 and I got a refund of $48. and cents. So if you're not looking for a specific item you can get good marked down winter items right now.

I went to Sears during their Presidents Day Sale and I was able to get my daughter 122.00 worth of clothes for a mere 22.00! They were having a huge sale. And when I went to scan the items, they were cheaper than the sticker price! (A sale on top of a sale!) If a store has a price check/scanner, use it! It can be cheaper than the sticker price!