Maryland Christmas Charities

Where can I get help with a little bit of Christmas gifts for my two year old daughter?

By Jessica from Rosedale, MD

I think most of the charities have already distributed the gifts for this year. Here they start taking applications around Thanksgiving time, and they have been distributing the gifts for about two weeks. The major charities have also had a dramatic increase in applications over last year and are running behind in donations. Talk to your social worker at the Department of Social Services, anyway most people that need help like this have a case manager. I wonder if you could take 2-3 dollars and go to a dollar store and get a couple things for your daughter. At her age she won't really know if she gets anything or not.

Please read my frugal life essay across the homepage. I wrote it because I know there are lots of folk in your situation. I promise you she will be happy with little bits and pieces wrapped up. Do the playhouse thing if you can. The main thing is that she is safe and warm with you. So find some Christmas films on TV and snuggle up together.

God bless and don't worry if all you have to give is love that is more than some people ever get.

I agree with Mrs. Christmas. At the age of two, children have no idea of the value of things, they just like the idea of opening presents. If you have a Dollar Tree (where everything costs a dollar) or a .99 cent store in your area, you can buy many wonderful presents for your daughter for very little money.

Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maryland Christmas Charities
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Washington Christmas Charities
🎄