Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for Dogs

If you are like me, you want the best for your pets. I have 2 dogs and have tried to get good oils into their diet. It is almost impossible for me to get mine to take omega 3 supplements; which are so good for us and them too. I use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and recently started using extra virgin coconut oil too.

My dogs don't like the EVOO, but when I opened up the coconut oil, they went crazy and kept hanging around me like they always do when they smell something they like. I put a small amount on my hands and they couldn't quit licking. So now I just scoop out a bit and put it in their dog bowls, and they will lick the bowls all over the house. My problem of getting good oils into them is solved. They can't get enough of the coconut oil.

By tricia

This is a great idea but watch the amount and frequency of what you give them as to much can cause diarrhea and then dehydration.

Coconut can have laxitive effects on people and dogs, so not too much. I would try avocado for them.

I'm wondering how much olive oil I should put on my 5/12 lb. little girls food. She gets 1/3 cup a day.I've been putting 1/4 tsp. on it and she really likes it (in fact won't eat her food without it on now) I'm concerned about weight gain or any other bad effects it may have for her. Any info. would be helpful.

Maile: Please google "are avocados harmful to dogs". It says that they are toxic because they contain persin, a fatty acid derivative, which can cause fatal problems with the heart/respiratory system as well as gastrointestinal effects such as vomiting and diarrhea.

Coconut
Uses for Coconut Oil
Pets HealthMarch 17, 2011
Coconut Oil
Buying Coconut Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🎉
🎄