Browsing: Saving Money on Candles

Saving Money on Candles

Tips for saving money on candles. Post your ideas below!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I love candles and I am always getting candles for gifts. Sometimes the candles come in very nice looking glass designer jars. When you cannot burn anymore of the candle simple put the jar in the freezer and let freeze in a few hours and your candle should just pop out. Then you can reuse the jar or container for new candles. I make my own so I never have to buy any jars or containers to put new candle wax in. I just reuse the ones I get as gifts.

P.S. If you put your candle in the freezer before burning it will last longer too.

Susanna

Soy candles burn almost twice as long as parafin wax candles. Also, they don't have the carcinogens as regular candles, and helps out the farmers to boot! I only use the soy because you get more burn time for your buck, and the rest is just "gravy"! :)

*my first tip! there will be more!*

If you have a large diameter (more than 2 inches) candle that you really want to keep but want to light too, use a 1 1/2" spade bit and drill out the top 1/2 inch till a night-light (tea light) candle fits in it. You can replace those much cheaper, and you keep your best big candle and in near-perfect condition!

With the little tea lights that come in little metal containers, they'll last longer if you first remove the candle from its dish and press the bottom of the dish down so it's concave. The metal they're made of is very thin so this is easy to do. Without losing the little wick (voice of experience!), replace the candle in the dish. Now all the wax will run to the wick in the middle when it burns right down and give you extra burning time without waste.

I love candles but they are so expensive and they seem to burn too quickly . Here is a tip I found that keep the candles burning longer. I put all the candles I buy in the freezer and they last a lot longer when I burn them.

By Renee Bowman

Put a taper candle that you have cut to the heighth of your candle holder, in the center of holder. Put chipped wax that is leftover from candles you have burned. Enjoy!

You can make your candles burn slower and last longer on your dinner table if you put them in the freezer the day before you intend to use them.

By joesgirl

Like many other women, I love candles! They can be expensive, but I still pay a little more for mine. I have found that in the long run, it's more economical because the cheap ones do not burn as long, they smoke more, and they do not burn evenly.

By Robin

I strongly urge you to forget buying any candle that is NOT a soy wax candle. They produce particulates and release toxins into the air you breathe. Soy wax candles not only are clean burning, but brighter burning PLUS support AMERICAN FARMERS! The soy comes right from the good old USA!

Soy wax doesn't tunnel...it burns completely, and acts as somewhat of an oil lamp with liquid wax on top...gorgeous in a clear container.

Using soy wax candles reduces our reliance on global oil conglomerates. I want to support OUR farmers, not some corporate entity in the middle east!

I make soy wax candles...and I USE them daily. My husband has environmental illnesses...they are the only candle we can use around him that doens't make him sick!

Seek out soy wax candles. The unscented ones are great for those with allergies!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I totally agree about saving money on candles. I so love to get my money's worth. And I do believe that even though you may spend a little bit more, when you buy quality candles it is worth it in the long run. Check out this website for the BEST candles ever! They are better than YANKEE candles and are less expensive. Here it is: http://www.mygccandle.com/scentthisway

Email: byhisgraceandpower (at) yahoo (dot) com

You must make sure you burn the candles a minimum amount of time. One hour for every inch in diameter is good.

This way you will get the most use out of your candle. I checked the following website earlier for candles. They are wonderful, but the website is down so I'd contact email if interested. I've personally used these candles and you will not be disappointed! ( www.mygccandle.com/scentthisway) email: byhisgraceandpower@yahoo.com

Happy Holidays!

4jstolove

I too like saving money on candles so I don't BURN mine. Rather, I use my glass jars ones on a candle warmer and I get the benefit of the fragrance without the smoke. I have had a candle warmer going 24-7 except when we were out of town on a trip and I have yet to use up a whole candle! I just swap with another one when I want a different fragrance.

You can get the candle warmers at Wal-Mart, Michaels, etc. Inexpensive and you save lots on candles!

Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for a minimum of three hours prior to burning.

By Bobbie Gillette

WOW...I NEVER KNEW THERE COULD BE SO MANY WAYS TO SAVE ON CANDLES...AND BOY, DO I LOVE CANDLES...THANKS TO ALL FOR THE GREAT TIPS

After I have burned my favorite candles down to nearly nothing I use the leftover wax in a metal dish on the vent of my cooking stove. Everytime I use my oven I have the wonderful scent of my favorite candle.

Put a new candle in the freezer for an hour before burning, it'll make it burn slower and last longer.

Saving Money on Candles
Saving Money on Candles
White Low Flow Toilet
Saving Money on Your Sewer Bill
Quart of Oil, Rag and Funnel
Saving Money on Oil Changes
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:50:21 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.