Crockpot Meatballs

Does anyone have a quick recipe for meatballs in a crockpot? In essence of saving time, I am going to buy the frozen ones and cook in some type of sauce. Any sauce suggestions? Thanks.

By Monica from Pingree Grove, IL

I also use frozen meatballs, Italian seasoned. I layer them in a microwave dish to cover the bottom. Then pour spaghetti sauce over them, and heat until completely heated. I serve them with hoagie rolls, for meatball subs. You can also add provolone cheese slices to the sandwiches. This is quick and easy and only 1 pan to wash.

My recipe from the 1960's: 2 lbs. ground beef chuck. Shape into balls and simmer in dutch oven for 30 minutes in mixture of grape jam and Heinz chili sauce. To serve, either keep warm on heated tray or chafing dish. Also serve with toothpicks.

I buy the frozen meatballs and let them cook in the crock pot for a few hours then pour a jar of alfredo sauce on them and let them cook until the sauce gets warm.very easy and very yummy!

You must cook/heat the frozen meatballs thoroughly before adding to a crock pot. It is not safe to cook any type of meats when it is still frozen in a crock pot. My husband was sick from food poisoning when meatballs were done like that. Microwave them first to heat thoroughly and then add to the crock pot along with the sauce.

I have used the frozen meatballs in a crock pot & I do heat them up in the microwave first. Mix together enough barbecue sauce that you think will coat the meatballs and a jar of grape jelly together and pour over the meatballs that are in the crock pot. Simmer for as long as you need to keep them warm-um-um good!

After putting meatballs in the crockpot. I add 1 small diced onion, 1 green pepper diced, and 1 can of pineapple chunks. then i mix 1 cup ofbeef broth-alll the juice from the juice from the pineapple and 1/2 cup of soy sauce, pour over meat and let cook in this liquid. serve over rice.

Also Alfredo sauce is good over them. Any beef gravy. All can be served with pasta or potatoes or rice.

OK, here's one more recipe-most unusual one for meatballs I ever had, served at a baby shower & I begged for the recipe.

5# bag meatballs

1 can sauerkraut, drained

1 can whole cranberry sauce

1 jar chili sauce, then fill that jar 1/2 full of water & add

1/2c. brown sugar

Mix sauce ingredients thoroughly & pour over meatballs....I'm sorry, I don't have exact times, but I cook on low until meatballs are thoroughly heated in middle (most frozen meatballs are pre-cooked, but double-check!)...usually for 2-3 hours.

They taste wonderful!

I use Momma Rosa's frozen meatballs. Place in large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and then drain in colander to remove all water and fat. I recommend this no matter what gravy or sauce you use. Place meatballs in Crockpot. Mix approximate equal parts Heinz Chili Sauce with Grape Jelly and mix well. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cook on low 2-3 hours.

3 (12 oz) bottles Heinz Chili Sauce

1 (32 oz) jar grape jelly

5 lb bag frozen cocktail meatballs (or more)

We put about 5 lbs. of already cooked frozen Italian Style meatballs in a 6 quart crockpot, then added one 28 ounce jar of honey hickory bbq sauce with about 14 ounces of water, and let simmer for a few hours. Yummy! Any leftovers can be frozen in plastic containers with the sauce.

Meatballs on toothpicks with dipping sauce.
Crockpot Meatballs Recipes
Plate of meatballs.
Shaping Meatballs
Meatballs cooking in sauce.
Using Frozen Meatballs
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
A pile of frozen meatballs.
Freezing Meatballs
🎉
🎄