Wildlife: Peaches (Cat) And The Sandhill Crane

Peaches was making a commotion the other day in my home office, so I ran in there to see what was going on. She had found Big Bird outside of our window, and was trying to communicate with the bird. Actually the bird is a sand crane and had walked right up to the window. Lo and behold she was trying to catch Big Bird through the window.

Peaches is a Manx cat and was rescued by me about four years ago along with her sister, Pineapple. They are a wonderful addition to my household. Manx cats have no tails and are very smart.

The sand cranes usually come in pairs to my yard a few times a week, and are quite interesting to watch. I thought it was an adorable photo, and wanted to share it with every one.

By Florida Gal from Spring Hill, FL

I love this picture, happy you were able to capture it in time. :)

I wonder if they're the non-migratory kind of crane or if they're wintering in Florida from the International Crane Foundation in central Wisconsin.

These birds are precious, and it's fun to know that you have pairs - they usually mate for life and it would be sad to see a mature bird all by itself.

Maybe he was looking at his reflection in the window? Silly bird!

Crane Visits The Yard
Photos Pets CatsMay 23, 2011
A jar of canned peaches.
Canning Peaches
Peaches Growing on a Tree with Blue Sky in Background
Growing Peaches
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches