Baby Shower Ideas

I would like to have the directions to the diaper cake pattern and other baby shower ideas, and gifts. Thank you.

By Delilah from Columbia, SC

Best Answer

An easy-to-do game I have used before is fun, easy and very frugal.

Make a list of items a baby uses or needs or even an action word will work.

Sample list:

PARDISE

CARIPFIE

ETOBLT

Ask the players to unscramble the letters as quickly as they can. Set a timer (according to how long the list is).

Every player will need a copy of the list, pencil or pen and paper. It's likely they will be writing on their laps so make some magazines available to use as a writing surface.

When the time is up, the person with the most correct answers wins.

The dollar stores have fun little items that you can use as "prizes". They are even more special if they are wrapped up in pretty paper with cute bows.

If you plan on playing more than one game set the "prizes" out on a table and let the winner choose which one they want. Be prepared for a tie. If prizes are limited, have a second list you have made up ahead of time and let the tied contestants do a play-off. This time the one who gets all the words unscrambled first wins!

By the way, the answers to the scrambles above are:

DIAPERS

PACIFIER

BOTTLE

I did not check my own spelling, so please go ahead and do that! To add a little something special to another person's post regarding the guests each bringing a bag of disposable diapers, add something to the invitation that says everyone who brings a bag of diapers will get a raffle ticket or be in a special drawing (you can make these up yourself, something as easy as dropping a slip of paper into a hat or bowl with the guests name on it). Have a great time!

OH, one more game I think is hysterical is to have a ball of string or yarn and a pair of scissors handy. Have each guest cut a piece of the string or yarn to the size of the mommy-to-be's belly - where she is widest around.

There will be very short and very, very long strings. The one closest to the actual size wins. If there are a lot of people measure the mommy's belly then cut a string to that size to measure up against. If there are fewer people it's really fun and can become hysterical for each guest to measure her string around the guest of honor's tummy. Be sure to take lots of photos!

Best Answer

For a game that has been a hit at many baby showers go here http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59062326.tip.html

Have you tried typing in: 'diaper cake directions' in your search bar? I don't know the exact site(s) to give you but I know I've come across them previously on the 'net.

Women looking at a baby shower gift
Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby Shower AdviceMarch 9, 2010
Baby Shower Diaper Cake
Making a Diaper Cake
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Finished wreath.
Making a Diaper Wreath
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄