Dyeing Sheer Curtains a Different Color

How do you dye polyester sheer curtains?

P from Peoria, IL

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I "dyed" a lace curtain with water based paint. I wanted a creamy/tan color to blend with my walls so I took a white lace curtain (don't know the fabric content - it was an old curtain) and dipped it in some watered down paint leftover from the walls. The I wrung it out (do not rinse) and hung to dry, smoothing carefully so there would be no wrinkles. This curtain was used on a cabinet door (behind glass) and has been there for several years. I do not plan on washing it. It looks antique and blends well (it's not as dark as the wall)

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsMarch 3, 2009
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
Window Sheers
Removing Wrinkles from Sheers
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:21:24 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.