Microwave Peanut Brittle

Make a pan full of peanut brittle in a matter of a few minutes with ingredients you likely have in your cabinet. I am no good with a candy thermometer, but this one doesn't require much skill at all--and it is unbelievably scrumptious!

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup Karo clear syrup
  • 1 cup nuts (peanuts, pecans, cashews, whatever you like)
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • 1 tsp. baking soda

Mix the first three ingredients and the salt.

Microwave on High for 4 minutes. Stir well and cook 5 more minutes. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. butter.

Cook 1 minute and 45 seconds until it "browns." Add 1 tsp. soda and stir. (It will foam up.)

Pour onto a greased cookie sheet. (I prefer to use the Easy Release tin foil. It works great.)

8. Allow it to cool and harden. Break it up into pieces, then store it in an airtight container.

Be sure to make copies of this recipe because everyone who eats it will ask how you made it. It makes a great gift. It looks like you sweated over the stove to do this when it took only minutes in the microwave!

Source: Passed along to me from my mother-in-law.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

My sister gave me this recipe many years ago and I have used it every Christmas since, just rememeber to stir very quickly on the last step or it will start to set and stick to the bowl.. This is a very good recipe...

Sandy, I love this recipe and is the only way I have ever made peanut brittle. You can vary the kind of nuts you use; I make it using pecans at Christmas and add 1/8-1/4 ground red pepper

( cayenne ) to it and it is so good.

Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesMay 5, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Peanut Brittle Cookies
Peanut Brittle Cookies Recipes
Cashew Brittle Recipes
Coconut Brittle Recipes
Coconut Brittle Recipes