Making Foam for Your Cappuccino

If you want a less expensive way to get some "foam" on your coffee or cappuccino at home, just whip some warm milk in your blender until it's frothy and top your drink with it!

By Robin from Washington, IA

If you buy lattes or cappacinos you know how expensive they are. To be "thrifty", I bought a machine at Linens & Things for $50. Now I can make latte, cappacino, machiato, steamed and foamed milk, etc. I'm on my second $50 machine in over 2 years, but it's saved me a lot of money and my friends love their drinks.

I think I lost my machine when I moved, but you are saving so much money, and you can modify your recipes, to save money and calories.Can't say I have completely broken away from buying them, and another idea is to get the kind that you find at 7 eleven for about 1.49, I also had a latte from another gas station that tasted like the real deal.In the summer you can try different recipes to make iced lattes similiar to the granita's.Make your recipe hot, and let it cool a bit and put it in ice cube trays.Kersti

Try using hot full cream milk in your caffetiere. Use the filter, pushing it up and down to froth the milk. If you have a microwave, pop it in for a minute to get even more froth!

Cappuccino with foamed milk.
Making Milk Foam for Coffee Drinks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 4, 2006
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
A cup of instant cappuccino made from a mix.
Cappuccino Mix Recipes
Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Making a Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Craft Foam Purses
Making Craft Foam Purses