Use Beans and Pasta For Children's Crafts

When I was a Girl Scout Brownie troop leader, our little troop didn't have much money to spend on supplies for the "making art" segment of the meetings. One of the ideas that I came up with was not only very thrifty, but ended up being one the favorites.

I bought a few bottles of Elmer's white glue, a 1 lb. bag of dried beans, and 3 packages of different shapes and colors of dried pasta. I also purchased a ream of multi-colored construction paper. Each girl brought an oversized old shirt from home (most were one of Dad's old tee shirts) - this solved the problem of messing up their uniforms.

We covered the table with newspaper for easy clean up, put all of the supplies in the middle of the table, and they made beautiful works of art. We expanded this theme by adding in fabric, buttons, ribbon, etc. The possibilities are endless.

By Jacklyn from Victorville, CA

This is a brilliant, creative, and economical idea for crafts. It has my vote as "The Best Craft Idea for 2011" As Jackie from Victorville mentioned...Girl scout troop leaders and parents can provide a fun and entertaining project for these girls that will occupy their time and keep them out of trouble. Boys would probably find this entertaining as well. Jackie from Victorville, you have my vote!

Child Playing with clay
Inexpensive Kids Crafts
Crafts Crafts For KidsMay 17, 2011
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Designer kneeling and displaying finished rug.
Making a Kid's Fabric Rug
Artwork made from crossed lines.
Checkerboard Art
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 23, 2017 at 9:39:50 PM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.