Making Real Looking Tree For Son's Room

I am decorating my son's room in an outdoor theme (clubhouse mural, canopy above bed, etc.). I would like to make a real looking tree (as opposed to painting it) to put in a corner so I could hang a canopy from the tree branches above his bed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

MDB from Ardmore, OK

Its hard to say without seeing the room but what I would do is paint one on the wall and then add real branches nail them to the wall you could use branches for like a hat rack or coats........

I once took a tree branch, poplar, while it still had leaves on it, and hung it from the ceiling with eye hooks and fishing line. The leaves dried but stayed on for a very long time. Find one that has been knocked down by wind or that someone is pruning.

We scrunched and stapled brown craft paper to card board cut into a tree trunk shape to make the trunk of the tree and attached it to the wall, then we twisted craft paper for branches and hung them down from the ceiling. It was up for just a week in a cabin at a state park for decoration of our dinning hall, but it was still in perfect shape even with the damp weather.

I would use real tree branches and silk leaves. Have fun!

Crafts AdviceJune 30, 2008
A boy scout looking at a compass.
Organizing Tips for Parents of Boy Scouts
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
real estate agent
Selecting a Real Estate Agent
Sheepskin
Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:05:22 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.