MetalCleaning

Tarn-X Advice

Can I clean silver coins gone through hurricane katrina with Tarn-X cleaning solution?

Gaynell from Houston, TX

Answers

I ASKED THE SAME QUESTION A FEW MONTHS AGO. I WAS SENT SEVERAL WAYS TO CLEAN THE COINS (OVER $100. WORTH) THEY HAD BEEN UNDERWATER AND WHEN DRIED OUT HAD ALOT OF MOLD. I TRIED SEVERAL OF THE RECEIPES AND THE ONE THAT WORKED THE VERY BEST WAS VINEGAR AND SALT. I FILLED A MEDIUM BOWL 1/2 WAY WITH VINEGAR AND A COUPLE OF TBLSPOONS OF TABLE SALT.I PUT A COUPLE OF HANDFULS IN AND STIRRED THEM AROUND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINS. I RINSED IN CLEAR WATER AND SPREAD TO DRY. I REUSED THE REST IN THE BOWL SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE I HAD TO MAKE A NEW BATCH. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS