Paint Colors to Compliment Yellows and Browns

The primary wall color in my home (living, dining, family, kitchen, hall) are all a light yellow (French Sonet). The yellow is very light with a small hint of brown. I have a laundry room, guest bathroom and two bedrooms I would like to repaint, but I am not sure what colors I could use that would compliment these other rooms.

I thought a light beige/cream for the bedrooms. Carpet is not a problem since I will eventually be replacing that as well. However, for the bath and laundry, I have tile which is kind of a rustic color that went okay with the yellow, but I don't want yellow in these two rooms. I am getting kind of yellowed out. Any suggestions? I'd like to incorporate some blue, but I am not sure if that would work. My home is old world/traditional with yellow, browns and copper colors, with sage accents.

By VicDanis from Sacramento, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Use Nature as a guide. I think that the color of sunflowers against a blue sky are beautiful. So if it works in Nature it should work in your house. I would just be careful not to choose too dark a blue color or it would be too dominant. Brown and Beige are neutral tones so they go with anything. But most of all have fun and if you like it then who cares what others think.

Try your local paint store for samples.They can help you choose several colors to take home and put on your walls,live with them a few days,check morning,afternoon and evening lighting.Then you'll have a better idea on what YOU like. And really, if after a few weeks you end up just hating your choice,repaint, life is short.

Greens and Blues have tons of shades. Have fun. Great granny Vi

Answer

Couple Choosing Paint Colors
Choosing Paint Colors
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 24, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Diced potato home fries.
Freezing Hash Browns
Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
Photo of eggs, toast and hash browns.
Hash Browns Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 7, 2016 at 2:03:21 AM on 10.0.1.51 in 292 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.