Food For Christmas Presents

Try giving food gifts for Christmas this year! There are so many things you can do. Our daughter and her new sister-in-law made homemade candy today to share.

One year, I made Christmas trees out of bread dough. It's easy! Just buy ready-made bread dough from your grocery store cold case, (make sure to get rolls and not actual loaves of bread) arrange the bread balls in the shape of a tree and bake. I decorated them with red and green cherries, glitter, etc. and glazed it with powdered sugar and milk. They looked great and all the people that I gave them to just loved them!

There are so many different, fun ideas out there. Check out your library if you need ideas or just keep checking this awesome web site for some! You're sure to find them!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Hi Robin, I love your tree idea! I plan to use this for thank you gifts to those who have shown kindnesses to me and my family.

I am wondering, though, were the decorations were put on before or after baking? The milk and powdered sugar too?

Which kind of balled roll dough works it sweet or regular?

Man thanks!

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts Baked GoodsDecember 8, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Homemade Christmas Gifts for Children and Teens
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A woman carrying Christmas gifts.
Saving Money on Christmas Presents