Making Christmas Presents From Fabric Scraps

We all know how expensive Christmas giving can be. My husband and I live on a disability check. He fell and broke his back 3 years ago, and I stay home and take care of him. We had to change the way we live, only necessities now. But I have grandchildren that need Christmas gifts. I decided to make each one a quilt that reflects their own interests, so I started digging in the closet for scrap fabrics. (I sew.)

I did have to buy some pieces, although they came from the remnant shelf. They were very affordable. I was able to give my grandchildren a very nice gift that didn't cost much, only my time. A lot of love went into each one and now they will have something to remember Maw Maw when I'm gone.

By Vickie from Earle, AR

I am sure those quilts will be their most cherished Christmas present ever!! I wish I knew how to sew...just lovely!!

I think it is gorgeous! If i send a picture of my cats, will you make me one? Of course, I'll pay!

Thanks.

Your quilt is beautiful and I am sure will become a family heirloom

Wow! Not only is it practical and special, but you are teaching your grandchildren the true meaning of making something for them to keep for a lifetime!

Great job!!

The quilts are so beautiful!! Are you sure I am not your grandchild as well:)

Vicki,

What a wonderful gift idea!! We have done the same for my neices one holiday and then a group of friends got together and made a patchwork quilt using scraps I've received, plus some we all chipped in to buy for a baby quilt for a dear family we were all friends of. Each time we visit, we see that quilt in a prominent place and the baby loves it as well!! An added plus was getting together and sewing in shifts/diff days to accomplish such a wonderful gift!! P.S. I just love the cat!! Frual Freida

KUDOS to you. Nothing warms the heart more than a gift of love made with love.

God Bless you, You have given your grandchildren something so special I have quilts from my Mother & Grandmother who are both in Heaven now but I treasure them just because they made them with all their love. Nothing says "I love you" more than a homemade gift they are the best.

P.S. your quilt is beautiful!

I to am a lover of quilts. I made my granddaughters a quilt apiece and they loved them. They were made out of scraps but were pretty. Your quilt is lovely and your grandchildren are very lucky to get them as a gift. I do hope you and your husband have peaceful holidays with your family. May God Bless you.

What a treasure. "The Cat" is beautiful.

That blanket is amazing! You are truly gifted in your sewing!

Vickie, LOVE your quilt! That will be a gift that just gets better with time..as your little one ages so will her joy in the gift you made for her. God bless and "thanks" for sharing.