Using All Of Your Lipstick

With the high cost of cosmetics, I have discovered a way to use ALL of your lipstick! When the tube gets flat on the top, I use a plastic cuticle tool to dig out the remaining lipstick. I usually have several tubes that are flat at one time. I put the retrieved lipstick into a small plastic container and pop it into the microwave for about 20 seconds or so and it melts down and when cool is a new source of lipstick. I use a lip brush or a Q-tip to put it on. I have done this for years!

I recently went to a Women's show in Savannah and saw where they were selling a lipstick "motel" for $15.00. I figured that this was entirely too high to be paying so I began searching for something around the house. The photo shows a contact lens container with lipstick in it. Yes, I said a contact lens container! I simply made sure that the container was clean and dry and I nuked one of my already salvaged pots of lipstick and poured some into the contact case. I then put the container in the refrigerator to cool. The case even has mirrors on the top so that I can see what I am doing if not at home! I have even done another one with a small compact that was used up that I got with a bonus from the makeup company that I use regularly. Your possibilities are endless.

CAUTION! DO NOT PUT ANYTHING THAT HAS METAL INTO THE MICROWAVE! USE SOMETHING PLASTIC AND THEN POUR INTO YOUR CONTAINER!

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

THANKS, WHAT A GOOD IDEA. ONE I SHALL DEFINATLY TRY. YOU COULD ALSO MIX DIFFERANT SHADES TOGETHER AND GET YOUR OWN. UNIQUE COLOUR. JAN UK

Neat idea. I also like the shade lispstick you have in there. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I do what Jan suggested. I love the contact lense case idea! I have done this with my lipsticks but have used a pill container that didn't turn out to be useful to me otherwise. But really, that is too large to carry around in my purse. Not the contact lense case, though. What a cool idea! Thanks for the tip!

Wow, You are brilliant! Thanks for the idea!

That is a great idea. Lens containers are good for all sorts of things...Buttons, coins, finger cots (the little rubber finger protectors you roll down the finger to protect a cut), and more.

The first time I ever made money on an idea was sending it into Family Circle. I told them that spent lip gloss tubes are great for q-tips, hair pins, sewing needles, buttons, etc. Then, if you need to push in a push pin but your fingers are sensitive or you can't seem to get it straight, the closed end if perfect to slip one in and just push it into the wall. Keep in mind this might only work for the older style tubes. They tended to have a recessed end that worked perfect.

WHOAH! Great idea....from one ga. peach to another! I live in south ga. too...near Savannah

Hi, I really like your idea. What a great way to save and customize lip color.

If you need a contact lens case, ask your eye dr. for one or two. We give them free to our patients. It never hurts to ask!

Kelly from Anchorage Alaska

( not to be confused with Wasilla)

Fantastic idea! Will try sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Such a good idea!!

thanks for that! i really love that idea for taking on holiday. gonna scrounge a contact lens case from a friend. oooh goody. :-)

I like to microwave the remaining lipstick with a smidge(sometimes more) of vaseline and a couple of drops of vanilla-it makes a wonderful moisturizing color!

Terrific idea! I wonder how many flat lipsticks I have upstairs?!

Lipstick Tips and Tricks
Lipstick Tips and Tricks
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips LipsJanuary 5, 2009
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Saving Money on Lipstick
Saving Money on Lipstick
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
Using It All
Getting the Last Bit Out of a Bottle
🎄