Perished Rubber Mat Stuck to Vinyl Floor

By Kathryn Dixon 2

I used a rubber bathmat under the laundry sink. It worked well until I tried to pick it up. The rubber has perished and is now stuck to the floor! HELP! How do I get perished rubber off a vinyl floor? It's bad!

Kathryn from Wellington, New Zealand

Showing: Answers Sort

By Tammie 7 17 Flag

Try spraying floor with WD-40 and let sit a few minutes then scrap up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda 1 4 Flag

The same thing happened to me on my kitchen floor, it was a mess! I just had to take my time with a butter knife and scrape & scrape. This was a 6 foot long rug, I was so teed off, it was like it had melted to the floor! I didn't think of wd-40 at the time, but it may have worked better than the elbow grease I was having to use! I will never buy those rugs like that again! They even stuck to my carpet, go figure! And that was really a mess! At least I learned my lesson on buying those kind of rugs!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thank you! I also tried the WD40 trick on a wood floor that had a rubber carpet mat stuck to it after 18 years. Goo-gone and TSP had failed; WD 40 enabled me to scrape off the stuck bits after a 10 minute soak. The discoverer of this trick deserves a Nobel prize!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Rug on a kitchen floor.
Removing Rug Backing Stuck to a Floor
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 18, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Rug on a kitchen floor.
Removing Rug Backing Stuck to a Floor
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:16:53 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings