ChristmasCrafts

What is the best dough for hand ornaments?

I have a bunch of different recipes to make hand ornaments with my two year old. Rather than trying all these out and seeing which one works the best, I would like to know what ones you try and would recommend. Feel free to post a picture.

Thank you!
Mindy from Oregon

Answers

I have a WONDERFUL recipe for ornaments that is so simple and that will have your kitchen smelling HEAVENLY for days!!! It's also a very easy recipe for your child to follow! Just take a jar of plain applesauce (NOT chunky!) and keep mixing in Cinnamon until it forms a dough. Sprinkle some cinnamon on a cutting board or table and roll the dough on top of it. Use Christmas cookie cutters (gingerbread men are my favorite for this!) and cut out the forms. Place them on a cookie sheet and with a drinking straw poke a hole on top. Bake on 250 for about an hour or until they become hard to the touch. Let cool then string a ribbon through the hole. You can either hang them on your tree or use them to hang on gifts! They smell wonderful!!! (But don't EAT them!) :)