Use Fishing Hook and Line for Clearing a Clogged Vacuum

My youngest daughter sucked a sock in the vacuum hose and then tried to use a wire hanger to take it out and hopelessly jammed it in, it seemed. I came up with the idea of a treble fishing hook and fishing line. Dropped it down, hooked it and tada! Sock removed.

By Delia from Yucca Valley, CA

When I was a young married, I accidentally vaccumed over a lot of things, especially toys. I discovered that a coathanger unfolded with a tiny crook on the end and the handle-end folded back worked best for me. I'd be a bit cautious to try unhooking fishhooks of any kind, unless you're really familiar with the doing of it. Keep your thinking cap on, though, this is how you discover the best ideas. God bless you. : )

You deserve the prize for the day for that tip! I would never have thought of such a thing, but it should work for other stuck things, too. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you!

Fishing Line
Uses for Fishing Line
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousNovember 1, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
man with head inside front load washer
Clearing a Clogged Washer Drain
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄