Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Blister Inside My Mouth

I have small white bumps inside my inner lips and then they blister. What are they?

Centra

Here are the recent answer to this question.

07/09/2010

If you got a white bump pop it before it starts to blister after I blister add salt and water and swish it around every night it might take a while but it works and it might hurt a bit.

By Anonymous [848]08/18/2009

They do sound like canker sores. Here's a link about them:

http://www.animated-teeth.com/canker_sores/t1_canker_sores.htm

I would suggest to go to your doctor because there might be serious underlying health issues causing them and there's also the possibility that those spots are something else :-(

By christine M. Thayer [2]08/17/2009

I have for many, many years had various things that hurt in the mouth or cold sores outside of the mouth. If you have access to a medical doctor, get him to give u a Rx for "kenalog in oral base" or generic. It's amazing for the inside of your mouth. Right before going to sleep, you dry the spot where the sore is, then you pat this paste on it & move your lips or cheek back to where it's suppose to be Then go right to sleep & try not to move your cheeks or lips, it tends to move it around & might dislodge the paste.

You want it to be there as long as possible in the morning, you may still have some of it around the area. I just swish with some water & it will wash off. It does not taste bad, almost no taste at all. In the morning it will be gone. I have had some resistant ones, & it may take 2 nights to get it gone, but this stuff stops pain & heals very fast. Once you have the tube of it, it lasts for many years I had my first tube for longer than 10 years & it still worked.

By Danialle [3]08/17/2009

Rinse your mouth with peroxide several times a day. It will heal the canker sore and also helps with the pain.

By Kim 08/12/2009

It is most likely a canker sore. Drinking orange juice and rinsing with Listerine helps.

Here are questions related to Blister Inside My Mouth.

Question: Treating Blisters on the Inside of Lips

I've got a white blister with little white lumps inside my mouth on my lips. What are they? And how do I get rid of them?

By Peter from Little Hulton, Worsley, Manchester

Most Recent Answer

By Teresa Tart [1]06/07/2012

Go to the doctor. This could be a type of virus and it will not go away without medicine.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Blister Inside My Mouth

I have a really bad blister or something on the inside of my lip. It hurts like a cut, but looks like a blister of some sort. Does anyone have any idea what it is, and how to get rid of it soon?

Archive: Blister Inside My Mouth

I have a little blister looking thing on the side of my mouth were my teeth are. It's right below my wisdom tooth, but it's on the inside of my gum, not the outside. It's been there for almost 6 months. I always pop it and it always comes back about 1 week later. It's very small, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

By Amiee123 from Mississippi, LB

RE: Blister Inside My Mouth

I had one of those as well, for about 8 months. It finally went away. Never did know what it was, or why I had it. A dentist can probably tell you. (04/07/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

RE: Blister Inside My Mouth

If it's by the wisdom tooth and hasn't gone away for 6 months, chances are that it may be an abscess. Better see a dentist just to be safe. If it is an abscess, you're probably going to need antibiotics. I know that lots of people don't like to take them, but an infection this close to the brain can really be dangerous if not treated. (04/12/2009)

By susanmajp

RE: Blister Inside My Mouth

Get it checked just in case, then try the home remedies.

Marg from England. (04/12/2009)

By jehosophat jones

RE: Blister Inside My Mouth

My dental hygienist suggested using Listerine mouthwash on a cotton ball and putting it against the blister to let it soak in. It should help kill germs and reduce the size (I used the Listerine strips and that worked). The dentist told me that some citrus fruits may cause blisters, so maybe you should avoid them for a while. Good luck. (04/13/2009)

By awanawr

RE: Blister Inside My Mouth

6 months? Hey gal, what are you waiting for? Run, don't walk to see a doctor. I'm not trying to scare you, but many times a medical issue can be taken care of before it gets too late. You've had plenty of time to take care of it yourself. Don't waste any more precious time. I wish you well. (04/15/2009)

By kidena