Blister Inside My Mouth - Categories:

Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Blister Inside My Mouth

I have small white bumps inside my inner lips and then they blister. What are they?

Centra

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

It is most likely a canker sore. Drinking orange juice and rinsing with Listerine helps.

Rinse your mouth with peroxide several times a day. It will heal the canker sore and also helps with the pain.

I have for many, many years had various things that hurt in the mouth or cold sores outside of the mouth. If you have access to a medical doctor, get him to give u a Rx for "kenalog in oral base" or generic. It's amazing for the inside of your mouth. Right before going to sleep, you dry the spot where the sore is, then you pat this paste on it & move your lips or cheek back to where it's suppose to be Then go right to sleep & try not to move your cheeks or lips, it tends to move it around & might dislodge the paste.

You want it to be there as long as possible in the morning, you may still have some of it around the area. I just swish with some water & it will wash off. It does not taste bad, almost no taste at all. In the morning it will be gone. I have had some resistant ones, & it may take 2 nights to get it gone, but this stuff stops pain & heals very fast. Once you have the tube of it, it lasts for many years I had my first tube for longer than 10 years & it still worked.

They do sound like canker sores. Here's a link about them:

http://www.animated-teeth.com/canker_sores/t1_canker_sores.htm

I would suggest to go to your doctor because there might be serious underlying health issues causing them and there's also the possibility that those spots are something else :-(

If you got a white bump pop it before it starts to blister after I blister add salt and water and swish it around every night it might take a while but it works and it might hurt a bit.

June 5, 2012 Flag

I've got a white blister with little white lumps inside my mouth on my lips. What are they? And how do I get rid of them?

By Peter from Little Hulton, Worsley, Manchester

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For me, these were an allergy reaction to food additives and whitening toothpaste. It took a while to develop, but once I changed back to regular toothpaste, they went away. The problem is that if it is an allergy, it may have taken a while to react and it will not clear up immediately. Of course, there may be other causes. I would see a doctor in case it is something serious.

I, too, thought of a reaction to toothpaste. However, if this has been troublesome for any length of time at all, you should see a doctor. Skin cancer of the mucous membranes starts out as a whitish patches I have been told.

Have you ever had cold sores, fever blisters, or canker sores (to rule them out)? Sometimes the inside of the mouth will break out if you are allergic to something you've eaten; it's the body's way of telling you to stay away from that food (of it may be an additive in a food you've ingested) - that's why some people get reactions to an additive in toothpaste. This is probably nothing, but I'd visit a doctor to know for sure. (Mouth cancers usually start as white patches, not blisters.) It will probably happen again, so I'd want to know what I was dealing with and how to take care of it.

Go to the doctor. This could be a type of virus and it will not go away without medicine.

August 12, 2009 Flag

I have a little blister looking thing on the side of my mouth were my teeth are. It's right below my wisdom tooth, but it's on the inside of my gum, not the outside. It's been there for almost 6 months. I always pop it and it always comes back about 1 week later. It's very small, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

By Amiee123 from Mississippi, LB

Answers:

Blister Inside My Mouth

I had one of those as well, for about 8 months. It finally went away. Never did know what it was, or why I had it. A dentist can probably tell you. (04/07/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Blister Inside My Mouth

If it's by the wisdom tooth and hasn't gone away for 6 months, chances are that it may be an abscess. Better see a dentist just to be safe. If it is an abscess, you're probably going to need antibiotics. I know that lots of people don't like to take them, but an infection this close to the brain can really be dangerous if not treated. (04/12/2009)

By susanmajp

Blister Inside My Mouth

Get it checked just in case, then try the home remedies.

Marg from England. (04/12/2009)

By jehosophat jones

Blister Inside My Mouth

My dental hygienist suggested using Listerine mouthwash on a cotton ball and putting it against the blister to let it soak in. It should help kill germs and reduce the size (I used the Listerine strips and that worked). The dentist told me that some citrus fruits may cause blisters, so maybe you should avoid them for a while. Good luck. (04/13/2009)

By awanawr

Blister Inside My Mouth

6 months? Hey gal, what are you waiting for? Run, don't walk to see a doctor. I'm not trying to scare you, but many times a medical issue can be taken care of before it gets too late. You've had plenty of time to take care of it yourself. Don't waste any more precious time. I wish you well. (04/15/2009)

By kidena

April 7, 2009 Flag

I have a really bad blister or something on the inside of my lip. It hurts like a cut, but looks like a blister of some sort. Does anyone have any idea what it is, and how to get rid of it soon?

Chloe from California

Answers:

Blister Inside My Mouth

It sounds like a canker sore. There's really nothing that you can do about them, but wait them out. They can be really painful. As usual, they're the body's way of telling you that it is fighting something. Try to avoid things that irritate them, rinse with salt water, be careful not to poke them when you brush your teeth, etc. I've heard that they can be contagious, but I'm not sure. (01/04/2006)

By susanmajp

Blister Inside My Mouth

Try blotting with a tissue. Apply Blistex, or hold plain (not flavored or sugared) yogurt n your mouth for two or three minutes a couple of times a day. (01/04/2006)

Blister Inside My Mouth

How about Chloraseptic spray? (01/04/2006)

By flower51

Blister Inside My Mouth

I used to have those. No more! I use only Squigle Toothpaste, a recommendation from my dentist of probably 40 years (now father and son practice together). It does not contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), an irritating ingredient which plays a role in bad breath, canker sores, gum disease and more, according to the comment on the tube. I am able to purchase it from the dentist and wouldn't go back to regular toothpastes for the world. I am almost 82 and blessed to have my own teeth still. Sorry to be so long-winded, but "try it, you might like it!" (01/04/2006)

By Mary from GA

Blister Inside My Mouth

I coated a blister with milk of magnesia (dipped a q-tip in it and applied to blister). This seemed to soothe it, and it did heal quickly. Hope you're feeling better soon. (01/04/2006)

By Lori

Blister Inside My Mouth

Try touching the area with a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide, hold it to area-clears most up quickly. Or paint sore (or rinse mouth) with Maalox type liquid antacid. (01/04/2006)

By Babs

Blister Inside My Mouth

My dad was an MD. When I was a kid I used to get those canker sores and he would put silver nitrate on it. It sort of cauterizes it so it doesn't hurt anymore. I was told years later that the sores indicate a lack of vitamin C. You might want to try to increase your fruit/fruit juice intake or take it in a supplement form. (01/04/2006)

By L T

Blister Inside My Mouth

Salt water or baking soda water is what I would try, it's probably just a canker sore. (01/04/2006)

By Barbie

Blister Inside My Mouth

My daughter also gets them from a lack of vitamin C. We used Oragel to deaden the pain while they healed and vitamin C tablets until she was well enough to eat oranges. Love and Prayers. Linda (01/04/2006)

By lindaljh1

Blister Inside My Mouth

Canker soars are caused from a lack of L-Lysine an amino acid the body stops making as we age. Every one is different. My Throat Dr. told me to take it. I thought he meant when I got the sore, but no, every day. Talk to your Health Food Store Manager. I used to have them every 3 weeks, no more. Once in awhile one will pop out, I take l,000 mg. when that happens. Not contagious. Good luck. (01/04/2006)

By Juanita, Homewood, Il.

Blister Inside My Mouth

I believe like the others its a canker sore. I get them sometimes too, and they are very painful. What I have discovered is if I put salt directly on the sore, it will kill it. It will sting like the devil for a couple of minutes, but once that done, it usually does not hurt anymore and heals quickly. Good Luck. (01/05/2006)

By Becky

Blister Inside My Mouth

Gargle a few times a day for a couple of days with mouthwash. It will burn a little, but you will notice a big difference after just a few garglings. Good luck! (01/06/2006)

By clt123

Blister Inside My Mouth

I used to get them all the time, then my doctor told me to eat any yogurt, a few times a month. Have not had one in fifteen years. (01/07/2006)

By Mary

Blister Inside My Mouth

I agree that it sounds like a canker sore, which should go away on it's own; however, if it persists, I'd suggest you see your doc. (01/12/2006)

By Claudia- MD

Blister Inside My Mouth

See a dentist if it last more than 5 days. (02/26/2006)

By barbaglia

Blister Inside My Mouth

Go to the drug store and get KANKA for canker sores. They last 7 to 10 days. You can also use Campho-phenic to numb the pain so you can eat. I've heard a thousand stories on these things. Strong acid (pineapple) causes them, mouth injuries (hot pizza), secondary infection due to a cold, stress. My dentist claims it's in the herpes family, so you can pass it on to your close friends. (01/15/2007)

Blister Inside My Mouth

I know the remedy, it's simple, and works 99.9%, for me has worked 100%. Just take a Vitamin B complex tablet once a day until the blister is gone. Usually more than 1/2 of it will be gone with 1 tablet. So no visits to dentists, no surgeries, nothing! Don't know why and how it works, but my parents have been doing this for us since our childhood and it works. I am myself a parent now. (02/20/2008)

By Radha

Blister Inside My Mouth

I too get clear blisters in my mouth-even thou I brush often and try to keep my mouth clean. I use a little bit of hydrogen peroxide, making sure not to swallow any, swish around for about a minute and rinse well. Works pretty good for me. (07/31/2008)

By Dorothy

Blister Inside My Mouth

I'm Hispanic, so I don't know if anyone has heard of a way to get rid of blister that my grandma taught me.
You have to add salt to hot water or really warm water, warm enough to put it in your mouth, then you just swish for a minute or so and spit it out do this several times. (09/04/2008)

By Jessica

Blister Inside My Mouth

It might be a blocked salivary gland. I would get one on the roof of my mouth and could 'pop' it just to have saliva (water) come out (a drop or so). It kept coming back but that's what my doctor told me it was. (09/12/2008)

Blister Inside My Mouth

The random bumps on the inside of lips and cheeks, assuming they are not open sores, are actually spit glands. They can feel a bit like a cyst and tend to go away and come back as they please. Rubbing them will make them swell a little but they are not harmful. (10/21/2008)

Blister Inside My Mouth

This sounds like oral herpes simplex 1. (01/12/2009)

By TK

Blister Inside My Mouth

Herpangina - Its not herpes, or viral, but an infection. It usually occurs in children often accompanied by fever. But I'm 19 and I still get them, through often without a fever. They do hurt, but will go away in time. So for those who are worried, these are NOT herpes, type 1, 2 or 3.

Disinfecting it will help dissipate the pain. Try not to gnaw at it, and attempt to not lick at it. Coxsackieviruses and other enteroviruses are present both in the stool and in the respiratory secretions. Rinse out your mouth when you feel necessary, I use Scope, it gets rid of the pain for a couple of hours for me, but it varies with the person's body. Get plenty of fluids and you should be good in no time. (01/16/2009)

By Krystal G

Blister Inside My Mouth

If it is on the inside of your mouth it is a canker sore and it is not contagious. They are more frequent in women and people who are in their teens or twenties. Just try not to bite it or agitate it and it will go away within a couple of days to a week. If not then seek your doctor's opinion. (01/20/2009)

By Sheena

Blister Inside My Mouth

I just got a clear blister inside my mouth (hence the reason I am looking it up now) right where I accidentally bite the inside of my lip when I am chewing food. I rinsed my mouth with straight peroxide twice within 5 minutes. The blister went away within 10 minutes! (02/14/2009)

By Tanya

Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 12, 2009
Cleaning a Retainer
Cleaning a Retainer
A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 31, 2016 at 10:24:11 AM on 10.0.0.210 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.