Reviews of Medex Grey/Gray Away Shampoo

I just wondered if anyone has bought and tried Medex "Go Away Grey" hair shampoo. Apparently it's supposed to get rid of your grey hair and bring it back to your original colour. I want to buy this product, but before I do I want to read any reviews. I cannot find any reviews anywhere online so if any one has purchased Medex shampoo, then if I could get some feedback that would be very helpful. Thanks.

By Joanne from UK

Never heard of it but most of us are in the US here. I am very suspicious when there is no product information or reviews online. If this product worked so well, people would be singing it's praises, I would think. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But it's only a bottle of shampoo, you don't stand to lose much if it doesn't work, you'd just be out the cost of the product.

From the US here, too, but I Googled a bit and found that it's supposed to be only for dark hair ( if you're a redhead or blonde, beware). Also found a review that said that one of the active ingredients was a chemical that's been banned as a carcinogen in California in the US.

I tried to verify that but cannot find any listings of the ingredients in it.

On Amazon UK, there are no reviews for that specific product, but there is for one of their other ones, Grey Away spray: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev ... mp;sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

That one isn't kind. If it were me, I think I'd pass on it.

Just another thought, Joanne: when I was young, my natural color was a deep reddish-brown; I began seeing a few stray greys at about 50, and my hair also began to lighten on its own just a bit.

So, I began dyeing. I wasn't pleased with the consistency of my hair, and a loss of softness and shine after about four years of that.

I've gone natural; at nearly 57, the softness and shine is back, the natural greys are looking to be a shiny silver and (luckily ) look as if they're applied highlights.

I'd never go back to applying any more chemicals to it. It is what it is and they're a bit of a badge of honor as far as I'm concerned. :)

I think you should be very careful about applying ANY kind of chemical to your hair. This is why. When chemicals are layered on the hair it can cause your hair to either become very damaged or even melt. By chemicals I mean: shampoos, conditioners (especially the leave in kind) hair color, perms, relaxers. In essence anything you put on your hair. Here in the States there was a grey covering hair color advertised as just comb in, it worked beautifully, the problem was that if the user decided to get a perm the hair melted. It eventually grew back, but unless you wear your hair very short and have no desire to perm your hair, then my advise it to leave this stuff alone. I am a licensed cosmetologist and just thought you ought to know.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ProductsJune 30, 2010
Pouring Shampoo
Uses for Shampoo
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
🎄