Take Your Own Professional Portrait Photos!

contest winner icon

If you have a camera, you can save lots of money by taking your own portraits. Here's one of my son when he turned 6 months. We didn't have the money to get professional photos taken, so I did my own session! This particular photo looked better black and white (a quick fix with Photoshop).

For his next photo shoot, I'm going to play around with different backdrops or just go outside! The trick is to take a LOT of photos to get that one perfect shot. Try different angles (this one is from above) and work with the child's personality to get a smile or look to capture. Good luck!

By Carrie from Yakima, WA

A professional portrait studio absolutely could not have done a better job!

Carrie you take great photos! What kind of camera do you use? I really like the b/w. I just started doing my own photos too.

Jennifer CA

What a nice photo, you did a great job .

Wow what a cute baby....great job! try outdoors and as you said lots of pix......cropping on the computer makes even ordinary photos look so much more well done. I took my daughter to a rustic park on a fall day and did her "sweet 16" photos....cropped and enlarged and framed the best and no-one knew they were home done......just bask in the compliments!

Great photo! I have had fun taking shots of my grandson, also. Don't forget props. Something as simple as a bag of cotton filling for pillows can make interesting effects.

Another one using pillow filling.

I love getting creative w/ props as well but for this first Christmas picture I wanted something simple and not to busy. This cute little outfit I got through Avon, of all places, was so adorable! I draped our bed in one of our dark solid colored blankets/comforter so the outfit would pop out in the picture. Even though I got her pic profesionally done that year this was the pic I decided to use for our x-mas cards.

I love your portrait, and your wonderfull babyboy! He is so cute!!!

Love the pictures. I still say there is something to be said for just plain simple black and white photos.

Thanks to everyone so much for sharing.

Tonya

I was quoted $180 for my son's one year photos. I came across this site and it inspired me to try and do them myself. Here's one of them. Later today I'm going to dress him up in a nice outfit for round two of the photoshoot!

This is strange but try as I might, I cannot see the black & white photo of the baby. The only picture I see by that post is a Google ad for Professional Portraits.

Editor's Note: The photo is now visible.

Your baby is adorable and the photo is fantastic. I love those casual shots much more than obviously staged photos. Thank you for sharing!

A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Camera Tips and Tricks
CraftsJanuary 8, 2007
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Beauty Salon
Beauty Salon Slogan Ideas
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning
🎄