Duct Tape to Keep Squirrels from Corn

I am growing a vegetable garden for the 1st time this year. All of my plants are doing amazingly well, but I was absolutely devastated when a squirrel got into my sweet corn. The squirrel managed to break 1 stalk and nibble on another cob. I spoke with a local hardware store owner and searched the internet for remedies.

The cheapest tip I found also turned out to be the one that worked for me: Duct tape! Wrap duct tape around the ear, about an inch above the stalk and an inch below the tip. I tried not to wrap it too tightly, and occasionally had to re-attach the tape after a rain storm. However, no more squirrel problems. I think that they encounter the tape and cannot get to the cob underneath.

I have been enjoying my home-grown corn now for a couple weeks, and believe this is just the remedy I was seeking!

Source:

By NancyB from St. Paul, MN

Sounds like a very good idea,thanks for sharing,good luck.

Uses for Duct Tape
Uses for Duct Tape
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlAugust 26, 2009
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🎄
🍂