Recycle Soap With Cookie Cutters

With the prices today for everything, I am reminded of a memory of my Grandmother, who is extremely frugal. She saved the leftover slivers of bar soap in an old cereal bag. When she had enough she would recycle them. I loved this.

She would melt down all the slivers in a pan and then would pour the melted soap into cookie cutters or small dishes. It would cool and she would have several new bars of soap. And they were also very pretty with all the new color swirls. I would love taking a bath with these new soaps.

By Cheap momma from Greeneville, TN

I make liquid hand soap out of soap slivers and have even used inexpensive soap bars to make this too because it is more economical than buying liquid hand soap. I grate the soap into a pan, add water and cook it until it becomes liquid. Let it cool in the pan. It will then become solid again, so add some more water and heat again. Keep doing this until it is the consistency of liquid soap. It makes a whole lot for pennies this way. I then put it in a used plastic soap dispenser from when I bought the real stuff once. Put this soap on dry hands, rub together, then rinse. It works better if done in this order.

You can also get a new sponge, cut a slit into it to make a 'pocket' through the center, and slip the pieces in there. Then bathe with the sponge. Just be sure to get a different one for each family member. And if the soap stays moist and mushy, it was just going to be thrown away anyway.

What a great idea. You can also make these pretty little cookie cutter soaps as small gifts. For the holidays I decorate soaps with decals, wrap them in clear wrap and a little ribbon...looks good in a gift basket. I even put the children's names on them for more fun for the kids. They love to see their name on things. Thanks for your great idea.

Lord, I remember that too, not before you put this on here. Do you remember the heat that she used? Man and they usually smelled so good. Thank you for this remainder from the past. Van

p.s. I cant hardly spell these days, my mind goes some where when on here. Thanks for understanding, I'm disabled, from short memory. Thank you

I am absolutely going to try this! Thanks for the great idea!

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingMarch 31, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Plastic cookie cutters in use.
Cleaning Cookie Cutters
Cookie Cutters
Saving Money on Cookie Cutters
Three Steel Cookie Cutters on a White Background
Organizing Cookie Cutters
🎄