Whitening a Football Jumper

How do I whiten around the neck and arms of a football jumper, which at the moment is grey?

By Dianne from NSW

I buy a generic brand Oxiclean at the dollar stores, why not try that and soak the item for several hours.

Some years ago Heleoise published a recipe for getting gray out of socks I have used it to whiten white uniforms. My measurements are not exact but they work. To a gallon of hot water add about a cup of dish washer powder and a splash of bleach. Let it stand for a couple of hours then wash as usual.

I remember that recipe from Heloise, but I think it was color safe bleach. About a cup of that, along with powdered dishwasher soap. It does really remove most anything short of paint or such. I used to use it on my kids clothes. Soak it a good while.

For white clothes, you can soak them in boiling water to which you have added several cut up lemons, soak several hours or overnight after boiling them for 30 minutes or so. Let dry in the hot sun. a natural bleach.

For lighter clothes, scrub with laundry bar soap you can find in Hispanic grocery stores, not Octagon though. The high fatty acid or white or pink bars work best. Elbow grease-scrub the old-fashioned way. Can add oxi-bleach to soak and scrub with Rinso or the equivalent(also at the ethnic stores). Soak overnight. Rinse well. Dry in the sun if possible. do this every time you wash and after a while it will look a lot better.

I always hand scrub certain clothes and armpits before throwing in the machine. If you do this on a regular basis, then it is a lot less work, and you only have to do the sun bleach once in awhile.

Use Simple Green.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 2, 2010
grandmother and child with pumpkin pie hot from the oven
Thanksgiving Day Activities
Super Bowl Party Brownies
Super Bowl Party Foods
sports ball ornaments
College Football Themed Christmas Tree
Girl Whitening Her Teeth
Whitening Your Teeth
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 6:17:43 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.