Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

My son's birthday is on April 24th and he invited his three friends to go to Kings Dominion for the weekend but 2 confirmed that were going. Then, one cancelled the day before the trip and the other didn't want to be the only one to go. IT WAS A DISASTER!

I felt so bad for my son. Anyways, we still went to the park with the family. I want to give his friends another chance and I want to do something for my son for his 16th. Please give me some ideas! I would like to do something this Sat. 4-21

Magali from Virginia

What a bummer! But I feel your pain! Mine will be 16 on the 25th! Can you believe it's gone by that fast!

Anyway, due to my son's mental illness I've had to celebrate his 13th (in a BAD place) 14th, 15th and now the 16th NOT at HOME. So remind your son, that family and friends, no matter how little are the BEST!

I listen carefully through the year to my kids , especially as they near a "special" birthday like 13, 16, and 21. They usually mention what they want, but, it's at a time alot of times you're busy with something and don't listen. My son is getting ready to turn 16, and all he can talk about when the subject comes up is having a "get-together" with all the guys, he is involved with a church group. He wants to have all the guys over for a camp out, and eat what he chooses. I just let him talk, and I know he loves it. Alot of times if we are short of money, they are willing to get a smaller present to have the "get-together" or party, they want to do. And that works for me. He's happy / I'm happy. He has a good memory...that's important....

I am a 16 year old guy. MY sister had a huge $8000 party on a 3 level yacht in an expensive on-the-water area about 20 minutes from where we live, and since i'm turning 16 the same year, I feel as if i should do something too. I just don't know what, so any ideas would be great, and theres no budget.

We are having a basketball party at a health club. It was a challenge finding a place with a basketball court to rent out because they are usually for all members to use. We settled for a Sunday as it is less use. The party is split two hours for the boys to just play basketball and the last two hours for the girls to join with music and food, with the court still available for those who just want to play at basketball. By the way 1/2 hour inbetween for the guys to freshen up. This is one advantage of a club because they have the facility and will work with you to personalize it. Not nearly as expensive as my daughters.

I'm going to be 16 soon. I've done the bowling, ice skating, laser quest, camping, and my mum and dad think paint balling is too dangerous. I don't want to do a scavenger hunt. Please help me think of something original, because my parties are always remembered!

Hey guys I'm gonna turn 16 in 22 days on the 21st of October and I really wanted to have a party but my parents decided to move to the river land so we did! Now I live 4 hrs away from were I use to live and now I have only meet a couple of friends, but it's school holidays and I don't know what to do now please help me out, if you have any ideas please email me on buddyweed_05 AT hotmail.com Cheers

I just want to provide feedback to Ben, who's parents think paintball is too dangerous. Ben, I am the mother of a soon to be 16 yr. old son and an 11 year old son, and I've played more paintball than both of them (only we played on our own and on private property...that can get a bit dangerous, but doesnt' have to)! If you parents find a reputable paintball course, they're set up with all of the safety gear you need and have the place set up with plenty of "duck and cover" spots. If you have anyone who is opposed to the possiblility of bruises, they MAY want to sit the paintball game out, but other than that, you'll all be fine.

Otherwise, for our son's 14th birthday, we'd just finished a half-pipe (he was an AVID skateboarder) and hired a local teen band to play while the guys skated (with parental signed permission). You don't have to do the half-pipe, but a teen band really doesn't ask for more than a donatation (we gave them $100), and what could be cooler than to have a live band play your birthday! All his friends said that was one of the best parties they'd ever been to, and even better that his parent's actually hired the band!

Check with your friends at school to find a band or call a local music shop...don't have one of those, try the school music teacher. They can usually tell you who takes their music seriously enough to get together with friends to form a band. Or you can try your local community center to see if, like ours, the local teens have a community group. If your community has a teen group, they will most likely have flyers for any and all local teen bands.

I only wish I could afford to buy my son a truck or car? What do you buy him when he turns 18? Parents give to much, that is why we have spoiled kids.

Instead of buying the 16 year old a vehicle, tell him what ever he makes by work a job in a ? period of time you will match it to help him purchase a vehicle. A little hard work never hurt anyone. Teach him responsibility not dependency.

Hi, actually my boyfriend is turning 16 and he actually asked for a surprise something for his birthday. I would love to do this, and surprised that i had not thought of this before for him, but his mom and I are rather busy and are fresh out of ideas for the moment. He says that he doesnt want anything and nothing too expensive, but doesn't everyone say that? Please help me if you have any ideas about surprising him when he is already expecting it.

My son birthday its on jan 18, he want a party, but I don't know what to do. I don't have any ideas for boys birthday.

I like the idea of taking the kids to a local hotel that has a pool and other activities in walking distance. Get a room for the adults only and one for the kids. They will have a good time and the chaperones will always be close by to look in, but don't get headaches from the craziness.

I turn 16 on June 8 and woiuld like to have a party June 7 but i don't know what i should do. We don't have tons of money but enough to have fun. I want all my friends to remember this party. What can i do to have a great party that my friends will enjoy?

My son will turn 16 July 17th, 08 and he wants to have a super 16 party so my husband and I have reserved the local skating rink for a private party. He's decided on a "black out" theme where he wants everyone to wear black! He will be handing out invites the last week of school at his school and other local jr highs to all of his friends and associates. The kids can skate, dance, and socialize and just have a good time celebrating my son turning 16! I think its gonna be a lot of fun and thought the idea would shed some light on ideas for your son's birthday. As for decorations he wants me to incorporate as much of his favorite colors (blue and black) into it (balloons, tableware etc.) We will have food which the employees at the rink will serve, and their dj will be playing music from a list my son has put together and last but not least, for favors he has compiled a list of his favorite songs and we will make CD's to give everyone! I hope my idea for my son's party can help

I'm turning 16 soon, and my mom thought to throw a party at the local pool/clubhouse. There will be a tv, pool, music, and food and hopefully an xbox with maybe call of duty 4, or halo 3 or something. I will start the dancing, and after the party I will go to the movies with 7 of my friends.

The party will be a pool party and stuff, everything will be red, white, and black *my fav colors and its a japan theme* ppl will dress like were back in Florida, and Japan mixed together (flip flops+socks, capris for girls, tanktops, shorts, torn jeans. My friends and I who skate, will go out the front and be able to skatetboard, it will be fun!

Im a 16 year old girl who just had my party in June. I brought 2 friends and had 2 others meet me up at the Daytona mall and we shopped for a few hours with all the birthday money I had collected. Then we rented a hotel room and my parents had one too next to us. We went out to eat at Dennys that night (only two girls stayed the night) and that night we walked along the Beach and played in the arcade in the boardwalk. That night we just hung out in the room and had a cake fight with my birthday cake, and took crazy pics. The next day we went to the beach and hotel pool and swam and tanned and just relaxed til checkout time =]

Well, my birthday is in a week, and seeing how two of my friends are turining 16 the same week as me, we merely just booked a place for dinner and split the cost of a limo bus to drive us around downtown toronto for two hourse partying.

My son's 16th birthday is in a week and I have booked him a movie theatre for 2 hours where he can play x-box with his friends on the big screen. The food and drinks are cheap and he gets to have fun with all his friends and play games which is what he loves to do in his spare time. This way he gets all his friends in one place and they all get to have fun together. The price is a little expensive but he only turns 16 once!!!!

I'm a mother looking for some good ideas on a nice black & white, suit & tie. kind of affair. Limo n all. Need some good ideas. Although he won't turn 16 until Oct. of next year. Trying to plan early. Thanks in advance to all.

16th birthday cake.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayApril 17, 2007
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Cupcakes for a sweet 16 birthday party.
Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas
🎄