Thrifty Magazines, Books and Puzzles

Books and puzzles can be purchased cheap at yard sales. Once you are done, store in the closet and in spring, have your own yard sale or sell items at consignment shop. You can also trade in to used book stores for credit towards other books.

As for magazines, get a few friends together and designate one person per month to buy the magazine and have everyone read it. This way you only have to buy a magazine once every few months.

By Carol from Massachusetts

If you want a good used book club to join you should check out paperbackswap.com. I love this site. You list the books that you have on your bookshelf. Then when someone wants one of your books you pay the postage to mail it to them. When they receive your book you get 1 credit. You can use your credits to get books from other people. They pay to mail you the book. So the only cost to you is the postage for shipping your books out. If you check it out and decide to join please list "DPCW" as the referral so I can get a free credit. Thanks and happy reading.

Gotta recommend bookins.com - works like the paperback swap club mentioned in the last post - a litle more expensive, but I like the choice of books better...and books are always in good condition....

I must admit that if they are in good enough shape, I recycle my used books from thrift stores, yard sales and so on - onto bookins for swapping -

I'm also a fan of PaperBackSwap. I think they're better than bookins.com because PBS trades *all* kinds--paper, hardback, and audio--of books as well as music CDs. I've checked out several other bookswap sites in addition to bookins and to my mind, PBS always comes out the best!

You can also get free magazines at the Freebie sites. Do a google search. I've got many that way.

when finish reading my magazines i carry them to the hospital waiting rooms there 3 or 4 waiting rooms with out magazines this help pass the time when waiting for your love ones to come out of surgery

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJune 7, 2007
paper plate painted different colors and cut into puzzle
Paper Plate Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
🎄