Wedding and Reception Locations in Bay Area, CA

I am getting married in 2010 and I would really like to find a venue that can accommodate an outside wedding and inside reception all in the same place. I need to stay under $10,000 for the whole wedding. Any ideas?

By Brebre15 from East Bay Area, CA

I had my wedding at my city's cultural center. Most cities are more than happy to rent out facilities for a very cheap price (I think I paid 300 for the whole day, tables, tablecovers, chairs and dance floor included and we all had a blast! Check out your local city park and recreation Dept for great locations. Next, consider your guest list and food. If you start now, there are great ways to feed a crowd for pennies. Reception food is often overrated and the benefit of a public facility is that they are usually very accomodaying to caterers or family members.

Remember this is really just one day. Keep it intimate at the alter. The rest is just fluff to satisfy the bystanders. What really matters and what you will remember most is the two of you holding hands and reciting lifelong pledges. Enjoy!

If it's a small wedding the Oakland Museum has interior gardens and a restaurant setting. I used to live near there and they did have weddings. Call and see what the prices are. Oakland and Berkeley and El Cerrito have a lot of nice places for the outdoors part. How about a nearby restaurant rather than one right there? Try the Parks & Rec. Dept. for suggestions.

Weddings PlanningApril 27, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 1:51:33 PM on 10.0.0.197 in 938 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.