MixersKitchen

Bread Mixer Recommendations

Recommendation on a good mixer for making bread with fresh ground whole wheat: Electrolux, Cuisinart, Kitchenaid? Which one and are there others?

Suzanne from Knoxville, TN

I've used a Cuisinart for the last 20+ years to make bread and pizza dough. It is quick (45 seconds to mix) and I like the consistency of the dough after it has been kneaded.

Watch the cooking shows on TV see what they use. I have a Kitchenaid mixer that I've done full with bread dough. It works fine. I got it because I thought I would use a mixer more than a Cuisinart. It is the higher powered home one that the bowl raises and lowers. I got it 10 to 15 years ago at Sam's Club at the best price then. I also am using my 5th or 6th bread machine. They can't take stiff dough, but I still like them.

Good luck.

You can take the Oster bread maker OFF your list because it works so poorly. It over cooks, and the loaf is not cooked thoroughly. God bless and help you. I'd be interested if I had money to buy one.

: (

I sort of agree with Lyndagale62 about the breadmaker. I use mine always to mix my whole wheat bread, but I don't like the way it bakes either. I select whole wheat dough cycle, and and after it mixes and kneads the dough, and it rises the first time, I turn the breadmaker off, remove the dough, make sure to knock the air bubbles out and shape it into a loaf and put it in a greased loaf pan. Let it rise a second time in the pan and bake it at 375º for 30 minutes. Perfect bread everytime.

Harlean from Arkansas

does anybody have a good way to mix bread my hand as good as a mixer?

if you just post another comment, then that would help me a lot!

I use an ElectroLux mixer to mix sweet roll dough. It handles 5 pounds of flour, plus other ingredients and produces 9.5 pounds of dough. I make cinnamon rolls for any special occasion and the ElectroLux allows me to make four dozen rolls from each batch of dough.

After I destroyed two professional Kitchen Aid mixers, I purchased the ElectroLux mixer. It has worked beautifully to mix dough for hundreds of dozens of very nice cinnamon rolls