Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Colors for Bathroom with Harvest Gold Fixtures

I have a bathroom that has a harvest gold sink, toilet, and half wall with the same color tile. I want to paint. What would go with it? It is a very small bathroom.

By kk

Well, I'm thinking, harvest gold is an orange gold, and a color to go with that is more of fall colors like brown orange yellows color like that. Lisa

Go with an extremely light color with the palest tinge of color in it; I did mine just about the palest green you can think of. Go to the paint stores (several different ones) and pick up "samples" of the paint available; hold up by the wall to see what jumps out and fits your fancy best. The reason for various paint stores is they have different tints available and it's important to get the right one! There was a very pale lavender that I am considering using on my bedroom, or a light tangerine color. Gold is a neutral color so any color is going to complement it really. If you are going to paint the ceiling consider using gloss paint instead of flat; it reflects the light and just really jazzes up ceilings!

Good luck to you!

Have you thought about using a wallpaper? Although my bathroom fixtures are white, the paper I have has golds, greens, rusts, etc. on a light brown background. (It's an autumn leaf pattern.) I chose it because this bathroom is off my den which is painted a color that is in the harvest gold family. The two are very complimentary to each other. I think it would help tone down all the gold in your bathroom.

I also think light colors would be best. Coordinate with the shower curtain.

That's what I have, too, in our powder room and plan to do the walls above the tile with either white wallpaper with small black fleur-de-lis or contemporary flowers. I painted our vanity black. Basically, by ignoring the color of the tiles and choosing something beautiful above them, the focus becomes the wallpaper, and black is a beautiful accent. I used this same theory in our avocado green bathroom with success. Good luck!