Ice Dispenser Works Water Dispenser Does Not

Our Kenmore refrigerator is a side by side. It dispenses ice, but the water seems jammed-up. How do I correct it? My assumption is the line is frozen along the way, but how do you unfreeze it?

By Michelle from Tampa, FL

Answers

I did an old-fashioned defrost to fix this with mine. I put everything in coolers and unplugged the refridgerator overnight and that did the trick. I've read here that people have used hair dryers to melt the water in the line as well.

May 9, 2010 Flag

The water dispenser is not working on my refrigerator, but the ice maker does work. I bought the refrigerator new 2 years ago, but only hooked up the ice maker 2 days ago. It is a Kenmore side by side. The water did work the first day.

By Jack from Crown Point, IN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Repairing A Refrigerator's Water Dispenser
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorMay 9, 2010
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 1:13:27 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.