Prevent Your Car Doors from Freezing

Spraying the rubber gaskets on your car doors with PAM or similar cooking spray will keep the doors from freezing shut. Just spray and then rub in with paper towel.

Source: freebie website

By Cinnamon from Williams Lake, BC

I've also done this to the rubber/plastic gasket on the bottom of my garage doors! They haven't frozen shut since! Another place I did this was on the spotlights for the dog's pen. The snow slipped off and I didn't have to reposition them!

Comment

Before your winter weather dips into the freezing zone, spray some WD-40 onto a soft cloth or paper towel and wipe liberally on all your car door and trunk seals to prevent them from freezing closed. Also, take your WD-40 can with the little "straw" attached to the sprayer, and liberally spray it into all your car door and trunk locks. The WD-40 will not hurt your car's paint finish, but you should wipe off the excess. This one application on the seals and in the locks usually doesn't last for the whole season, so you may have to reapply. For emergencies, I always keep a very small can of lock de-icer in my purse. - Tori

Answers:

Prevent your Car Door Locks and Door Seals from Freezing

Won't WD40 deteriorate the seals? (12/04/2008)

By c2s

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Preparing Your Car for Winter, Young man putting snow chains on his car tire
Preparing Your Car for Winter
Consumer Advice Cars CarsFebruary 16, 2010
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 23, 2016 at 2:03:09 PM on 10.0.0.90 in 333 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.