Uses For Leftover Candy Canes

Tips for using candy canes that are leftover from Christmas. Post your ideas.

I always have a lot leftover after the holidays so I came up with a few ideas.

- Dissolve in mugs of coffee or hot chocolate for a tasty drink.

- Crush & use as a topping for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, etc

By Kim

I buy candy canes in after Christmas sales just so I'll have them to make things like peppermint brownies (crush and stir into the batter). I've seen lots of different flavors of candy canes, so the possibilities are endless.

Use the broken candy canes for making Christmas chocolates... add crushed candy canes to melted white chocolate and pour into candy molds. Let set and pop out of the molds. Enjoy! Very pretty and tasty. If you have too many for next fall's chocolates remember that candy canes do not go "bad". Keep them for the next fall after that.

Use for Valentine's Day heart shaped candy. Unwrap two candy canes, place on a baking sheet in the shape of a heart (hook to hook and tail to tail). Bake at 350 for a couple minutes til they stick to each other. Cool and remove with a spatula. They look great placed on top of frosted cupcakes!

Use almond bark or chocolate bark sold in baking good aisle near chocolate chips. Melt in microwave, add 3-4 Tablespoons (to taste) of peppermint extract. Stir well. Pour onto sheet of tin foil on a cookie sheet (I use the "release" kind of foil) & then sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Pop into fridge for 15 min & remove break up & store in ziplocks. Cheap, Easy, Yummy! Great gift!

I grind hard candies ( red hots, hard fruit flavored, mints, etc.) in my coffee grinder and use the sugar to top cookies and such. I also melt jello into marshmallows and make different flavored marshmallow rice krispy bars. I even mold the different colored into egg shapes for Easter time.

Leftover Candy Canes
Uses for Leftover Candy Canes
Leftover Christmas Candy
Uses for Leftover Christmas Candy
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
pile of candy canes
Crafts Using Candy Canes
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes