Cutting Mini Blinds To Fit New Window

How do I cut mini blinds?

By Patty from Prescott, AZ

If you mean cut the width, I have always been under the impression that you need special equipment of some type to cut mini blinds.

If you take it someplace where they cut mini blinds, you might be able to get it down for free. Places, especially like Home Depot or Lowes might do it for least they cut lumber to dimensions you need.

March 9, 2011 Flag

I have a large mini blind and I need to cut 1 1/2 inches off each side to fit my new window. Can I do this myself?

Linda from Hartley, IA

Cutting Mini Blinds To Fit New Window

I cut some mini blinds using a sharp kitchen knife. Just cut the header of the mini blind making sure it doesn't interfere with any of the working parts. I didn't have to trim the slats on mine because my mini blind was only slightly larger than the cased opening. The slats shouldn't be too hard to trim. (05/06/2008)

By G R I T S

Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsMarch 9, 2011
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Strings on Window Blinds
Cleaning Strings on Window Blinds