Use Safety Pin to Mark Front When Sewing

When I make sweaters for myself or family, I mark the front of the sweater on the right side with a small safety pin. I use safety pins for holding sweater pieces together for sewing them. They are small and easy to spot.

By Linda from Kearney, MO

May 5, 2010 Flag

When I am sewing for my granddaughter I always put a small safety pin on the front garment piece when I remove the pattern pieces. This is a big help on those days when I have to stop and come back to it. Little kid garments look pretty much the same front and back, so this helps me to get her sun dresses assembled properly without a lot of stress.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Answers:

Safety Pin to Mark Front When Sewing Clothing

Yes, I have done this too, it is so difficult to remember. If I am using several different pattern pieces for the same dress (YES baptismal dress was 3 different patterns to get the look I wanted) I slip the pieces (esp. if small) into zip close bags with a note or even the pattern piece used. (04/24/2009)

By T and T Grandma

Thanks for that tip! I too have made that mistake, and that is an easy fix. Thanks again! (04/28/2010)

By hoptownracer1

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingMay 5, 2010
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
🎉
🎄