Improve the Texture of Your Skin and Soothe Rashes

Place the leaves and flowers of a handful of St. John Wort in a glass jar, just cover with olive or almond oil. Let stand for 1 month, strain and use as a compress to treat rashes and inflammations.

By Suzanne S.

Would this work with excema? A friend of mine and his little girl both have severe excema. He recently spent almost $1000 on a treatment in Mexico that was a scam.

My baby girl, 18 months, has excema and I too tried everything. Her skin would crack and bleed and as a mother my heart would bleed as well. So I called my Granna and she said that this was what her mother used on her as a babe when she was stricken with excema as well. It does make it disappear, so don't expect that. What it does do is shrink the patches to the size of flea bites and just makes them a little red and no longer painful or flaky. My daughter is much happier for it, and therefore so am I. I wish you and you family and friends the best of luck. But special love and care to the little one you hope to help.

woman scratching patch of red irritated skin on back of hand
Treating Skin Rashes
Make Your Own MiscellaneousJanuary 27, 2005
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
A photo of poison ivy.
Remedies for Rashes Caused by Plants
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes