Use Natural Paint Brushes for Applying Makeup

As a founding member of the 'Cheapa-Fillipa' club, I am always looking for ways to beat the price. My latest search started after I recovered from cancer and decided that part of the process to feel better was to look better. After spending countless hours watching TV during recuperation, I realized that I wanted to try some new make-up techniques.

One of the keys to putting on eye shadow was to use brushes instead of those stupid foam applicators. They never seemed to go on sale at Walgreens (where I ALWAYS buy make up due to their refund policy) so after pricing them, I thought, why not try paint brushes? They worked great! I found a set of natural fiber craft brushes at the local big box hardware store, normally $4.99 for 5, but they were on sale for .99 cents!

I then tried some from the dollar store that weren't natural fiber and they worked well also, though they were harsher on my skin, so it took more work to 'keep the touch light'. Out of the multi-pack I got 3 eye shadow sized brushes and 2 that work well for lipstick. Great cosmetic sponges at the dollar store too.

I have found that since I am older and my skin has lost elasticity, a lighter hand with the make up goes a long way, and while I am no raving beauty, it gives me a better attitude to be putting my best face forward each day!

By Lori from Milwaukee, WI

Good for you, you wise woman, behind that lovely face!

Did you go through a treatment that caused you to lose your hair? I did and it felt like a new life when I had hair again!! Although the buff & shine method of hairless care was sort of nice for awhile! I'm glad you're getting beter and being interested in looking good is a sign of LIFE!! Yeah for you!

Make up can do wonderful things. I just use my fingers to apply powder eye shadow. It blends wonderfully, and all I have to do is run my fingers under some water to wash it off. Brushes have to be washed regulary, and they eventually wear out. Any shake in my hand gets magnified by a brush.

I completely agree with you that how you perceive yourself effects one's mood. Make up definitely helps. It doesn't need to be the most expensive thing in the store either. In fact, people always ask me what I use on my skin because I tend to look young. They are surprised when I tell them it is Avon. I have used their products for years and they are very very reasonable. Plus they always have these huge sales. check out this site. http://rzucker.avonrepresentative.com/ they are having a 60% off sale now.

BTW, CVS and RiteAid have same return policy on make-up as Walgreens.

Used Paint Brushes on White Background
Uses For Paintbrushes
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up TipsFebruary 19, 2009
Two hair brushes and a comb.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Brushes and Combs
Applying for a Passport, US Passport on White Background
Applying for a Passport
A selection of brushes used to apply makeup.
Cleaning Makeup Brushes
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🎄
🍂