Painting Plastic Shower Enclosure

I want to paint our plastic shower enclosure. What do I need to do and what kind of paint is needed.

kberv from Abilene, KS

Answers

I would not recommend it. First, you would have to itch te plastic by sanding or chemically to get the paint to adhere. Then due to the constant water, you most likely would have to use a marine paint. Also, it would be slick and if the bottom where painted, you would slip and fall easily.

I have seen this done twice, and neither time worked.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceFebruary 28, 2008
Shower Enclosure
Shower Enclosure Walls Dry and Peeling
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
fiberglass tub and shower
Painting Fiber Glass Shower Walls
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 5:49:59 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.