BathroomDecorating

Framing a Bathroom Mirror

Category Bathroom

I found a beautiful frame that fits my bathroom mirror perfectly. I have two problems/questions. First, how should I affix it to the wall? I don't want to damage the frame as it is pretty ornate. Can I use Liquid Nails? Secondly, there is a small gap between the frame and mirror. There is no way to make the frame come off the wall less without damaging it. Can I caulk that and paint it to match the mirror? All suggestions appreciated. :)

By Stephanie

First, I would not use Liquid Nails, it is a very strong adhesive. You would never be able to get the mirror off the wall. There are many products you could use to hang the mirror. Why not visit one of the big box store to look at all your options. Trying to fill the gap with an sealer and painting may end up in a mess. I would just live with the gap.

You could add a small piece of 1/4" square wood that you can pick up cheap at your local home improvement store to fill the gap. Hopefully the rabbit,(gap), in the frame will accommodate it. Measure very carefully the inside opening. Cut thetop from side to side, the sides allowing for the top piece, to go to the bottom, and the bottom to fit between the two sides. Pre paint the pieces, glue in with wood glue. You can attach the finished frame with your E6000 glue, or depending on the frame profile, attach 2 small angle brackets at the top. Paint to match the wall.