Boil Drip Pans To Get Them Clean

To clean the really cruddy drip pans from your stove, put them in a large pan with vinegar and boil the stuff off. Works like a charm, Just drop them in soapy dishwater and the come clean with very little work.

By Duckie from Tell City, IN

Another method is to put it in the sink at night, fill it with boiling water, drop in a dryer sheet and just rinse it out in the morning. Any sticky spots left come off easily with a Scrubee. This works for all kind of baking pans, both metal & glass. It certainly makes short work of my utensils whenever I bake up a batch of potatoes au gratin.

I haven't tried this method yet but I heard that if you use denture cleaner in pots and pans it too will just make the stuff drop off. Worth a try. I found some tablets on clearance at the store and plan to try it next time I have a baked on mess. I also heard about the dryer sheet method although I haven't tried that either. Probably because I've been too lazy to do anything more than microwave this summer. Maybe in the winter when I start baking again. LOL

This method works. There is some residue after, but it comes off easily. I used red wine vinegar and it did the job.

I am going to try this boiling method. I've ruined many drip pans by using an SOS pad on them.... the finish comes off and then the drip pan rusts. Lately I've been using oven cleaner. Spray the drip pans, close them in a plastic grocery bag over night and they can be wiped clean. But that is so toxic, I start coughing just thinking about it! Boiling sounds much better. How long do you boil them?

Thanks for the tip.

My only problem was that I live in an apartment complex & they don't make drip pans that fit my stove anymore, so when I tried this, neighbors complained about the smell.

Soak them in ammonia over night inside a zip bag, never boil ammonia

Boiled ammonia. Am dead. Top kek

Burner with clean drip pans.
Cleaning Your Burner's Drip Pans
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJuly 31, 2007
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Drip Irrigation System Watering Flowers
Installing a Drip Irrigation System
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean