Recipes for Bread Tubes

ThriftyFun.com Staff

I got 3 bread tubes from Pampered chef for Christmas, but all the recipes call for bought dough. Please send homemade recipes.

Mavis

Just use quick bread recipes; i.e. banana,etc.

This site is a PBS series with Father Dominic baking bread. Go to the recipe archive, episode 210, for Honey Spice Bread and he discusses how to use canape tubes for baking. There are many wonderful recipes for bread on this site.

If the bread tubes that are being referred to are the long bread tubes,I have a French bread recipe that will work perfectly. Makes 2 loaves. 5 1/2 - 6 cups flour, 2 pkgs active dry yeast, 2 Tbsps sugar, 2cups of water (120¡-130¡). Mix 2 cups of flour with yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in water; stir until completely mixed. Slowly add in remaining flour a 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (5-10 mins). Cover with bowl and let rest 20 mins. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Spray lightly with water. Beginning at long side roll up tightly. Seal seams and taper ends. With a sharp knife, make (3 or 4) 1/4 inch deep diagonal cuts along loaf tops. Cover; let rise about 20 mins. spray lightly with water. Bake at 400F for 15 mins, then reduce to 350F and bake 15-20 mins longer.

I make this bread 3 or 4 times a week. My husband's family always asks for this bread at family dinners.

This bread is tasty and cheap to make. I do not add salt to this recipe but if you like you can add 2 tsps of salt. I also bake this bread on regular cookie sheets, just angle the bread from corner to corner so it is long.

Mrs Kathy Cohen

Canape' Bread - (For the bread tubes) 1/3 cup very warm water;1tsp.sugar;1 pkg.yeast;1 cup milk; 2 Tbsp.butter, melted;1 1/4 tsp.salt; 3 to 4 cups flour

In measuring cup, stir warm water, sugar and yeast.

Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is foamy. Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together milk, butter, and salt. Next, add yeast mixture and stir all together. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, blend together then stir in as much of remaining flour as necessary to form soft dough. Turn onto lightly floured board, knead for 7 minutes...adding as much of remaining flour as necessary to form a smooth ball. Put into greased bowl, turn dough all around until greased all over. Cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm draft-free place to rise until double in bulk. Punch down. Divide dough in half, roll into a long 2 inches shorterthan mold and insert in mold. Cap and bake in 400F. oven for 60-70 minutes. Remove from mold. Recipe makes two loaves. This makes a dense and crusty bread, ideal for hors d'oeuvres. etc. For tasty variation add one teaspoon sage, dill or other herbs to dough.

Do you grease bread tubes for removal of the bread loaf?

I would suggest you call Pampered chef, as a friend of mine has them and she also got with her tubes, a couple of sheets with rec. on them. Best wishes. I would call the rep, maybe someone can open another box and copy them for you. Have a great night!

Boulder Mom

If I am baking 3 bread tubes at the same time, using the store bought bread dough, do I need to add additonal baking time from the usual 50-60 minutes for one tube?

How do I know how much dough to put in each tube, and how long to bake?

I have a star and a heart - bread tubes - from Pampered Chef. How long do I bake the banana bread and how full do I fill the tubes? Also, do I bake with the ends on?

Canape Breads
Canape Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadJanuary 11, 2001
M&M's
Uses for M&M's Plastic Tubes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Wrapping Paper Tubes
Uses for Cardboard Wrapping Paper Tubes
Toilet paper tubes made into seedling containers.
Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes
🎉
🎄