Store Canned Beans Upside Down

contest winner icon

I was putting my cans in the pantry from a recent trip to the supermarket and decided to share this. For all who use canned beans of any sort, I'm sure you've had to deal with the beans on the bottom and juice/soup at the top. When you turn the can up to empty it, all the goodies are in the bottom.

I store mine upside down so that all the beans settle in the top of the can and the soup is in the bottom. When I open it, everything just jumps out into the sauce pan or wave dish. I don't have to scrape or put water in it to get everything out.

By MartyD

I do too. Great tip. I also clean the tops before I open them. I read this tip awhile ago because of unwanted critters on the loose in warehouses.

Great idea on the beans. Will go turn them ALL upside down now. :-)

I ALWAYS wipe the tops of cans before opening them and I also rinse or wipe down soft drink cans before drinking from them.

I love this simple! Yet, absolutely fab.

Interesting idea but why don't you just shake them before opening? Even baked beans will distribute the goodies evenly doing that. I am still going to give you a thumbs up for being creative ;-)

Great idea, but you have me stumped. What is a wave dish?

I am going right now and flip all the cans of beans in my pantry! This is another "Now why didn't I think of this?" hint. It makes perfect sense...

Organizing Canned Goods
Organizing Canned Goods
Food and Recipes StorageApril 21, 2010
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Canned Beans
Using Canned Beans in a Crockpot
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Upside Down Cake
Upside Down Cake Recipes