Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping

We have a 15 amp breaker that keeps tripping. This is something that just started happening. This is what feeds off that breaker: livingroom lights, 2 TVs, kitchen lights, fridge, washer, dryer, master bedroom, guest bathroom, laundryroom lights, all porch lights, and a new gas heater with an electronic ignition and fan. This is a 1977 doublewide mobile home. What could suddenly cause this to happen and is it dangerous?

By Kim from Silver Springs, NV

Anonymous
Best Answer

You bet your bippy that's dangerous! Unplug everything and get an electrician out there today to help you sort out what is overloading that particular breaker. My guess is that whomever installed the new gas heater didn't 'add' a new breaker for it exclusively.

Best Answer

1) the circuit breaker has gone bad (they do that)

2) you have way, way too much on that breaker!

I would bet that the breaker trips when the heater comes on. The heater should be on its own breaker. I agree with everyone else, call the electrician now!

Kim, if you can put all of that onto one 15 Amp breaker, then you deserve a Nobel prize, or two. You are probably not familiar enough with the situation to make any sense from any well meant instructions.

To avoid getting woken up by the fire department, please get an electrician to check it out.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

You can't be serious. You have too many appliances running off one 15 amp circuit. You better have an electrican get over to your place and straigten out that mess before you burn down your home.

I agree with everyone else. You have way too much stuff on that breaker, even without the gas heater. Call an electrician to install more breakers and sort this out for you.

Your breaker is tripping because the circuit is overloaded and gets hot enough to cause a disturbance in the circut. This can, indeed, be very dangerous. You need to get about 3/4 of that stuff off of just a 15 amp breaker! My refrigerator has a 15 amp breaker all to itself! I can't believe all the stuff that you have going onto that one small circuit breaker! I would really take a lot of that stuff off that breaker. You are asking for a fire for sure!

My question is a legal question can a tenant put a lock on a curcuit breaker so that the landlord has no access to it or any fire department when they come to check.