Peppermint Ice Cream Pie

Once again, I didn't save the recipe because it was soooooo easy, so I don't know who to thank. I used the recipe for peppermint or candy cane pie twice for my holiday gatherings, and twice it was a huge hit. Thank you to whoever sent it in. It was a delicious lifesaver. I used it for our Amish friends gathering. We took them out to see the lights, then I told them that I was serving our traditional Christmas Eve appetizers, where we go to church in the evening, then home to "graze" all night. We had a huge spread of just appetizers: Rumaki, Snausages, barbecued chicken wings, fruit salad, relish and pickle plate, cheese plate with crackers, warm cheese ball, bread bowl with spinach dip inside, munchie chips, dip, and that heavenly pie with punch and coffee! We were the subject of the Amish school the next day, when the students of the one-room schoolhouse had to guess what the teachers had for supper!

On Christmas eve, I was assigned the task of dessert, because I am supposed to be the "Queen of Desserts" in the family, and took the pie to our family gathering. Once again, it was wonderful, and just the right touch.

Thank you to whoever sent that wonderful, extremely easy, dessert recipe. I will use it often.

Have a wonderful 2007!

With sincere love and affection to my Thriftyfun friends,

Margie Minard from beautiful Mount Vernon, Ohio

Editors Note: Here is the recipe

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
  • 3 tbsp peppermint candy, finely crushed
  • 1 pint peppermint ice cream
  • 8 oz frozen whipped topping (partially thawed)

Directions

Combine crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9" pie plate.

Combine peppermint ice cream & whipped topping. Spoon into crumb crust. Sprinkle with peppermint candy. Freeze.

Getting a scoop of chocolate ice cream from the container.
Ice Cream Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Christmas PiesJanuary 2, 2007
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Making an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Peppermint Bark
Peppermint Bark Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 23, 2017 at 9:14:14 PM on 10.0.1.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.