I have had reoccurring BV infections. The medication (Flagy) prescribed by the doctor isn't working. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what should I do? Please help.
Felicia from GA
Editor's Note: Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is the most common vaginal infection in women of childbearing age.
Are you talking about some sort of vaginal infection? I am not familiar with the term VB. Could you explain?
Perhaps your husband or boyfriend should also be treated with flagyl. He could keep giving it back to you, even though men can't get bacterial vaginosis they can certainly transmit it.
Try yogurt. Try eating it every day. You can even try applying it externally to the sore areas. The bacteria in it help to keep all the organisms in check. It worked for me. I had a BV and kept thinking it was a yeast infection. The yeast medicines didn't help and made it worse if anything. Finally I tried the yogurt and some OTC probiotics from Wal-mart and it worked. Haven't been bothered since. This is touchy, but also make sure your partner washes his hands before um, intimate contact.
I had the same problem and was just so frustrated. I also took the Flagyl but somehow the BV kept on coming back, until I tried taking a homeopathic tablet called L. Acidophilos. Same good bacteria in yogurt. You can get them at GNC or other health stores. This might sound very weird but out of frustration I tried inserting a caplet in the vagina overnight and it cleared the infection! Good Luck!
Few suggestions for you:
Have you had a test done, so the diagnosis is confirmed?
If it is yeast:
1. Have male partner treated and abstain from any form of intimate contact until you're both cleared.
2. You can take Lactobacillus Acidophilus either orally or as a suppository, available in any health food store or drug mart.
3. Cut sugar from your diet, sugar aggravates yeast growth
4. Eat lots of yogurt and/or insert tampon that has been soaked in yogurt
5. Antibiotics will destroy all the good bacteria, so always take Acidophilius when you're taking antibiotics to keep things balanced
6. Always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from entering your body
Good luck, hope it helps,
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!