Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch

What can I use to get a pet urine stain off of my leather loveseat?

By Cindy from West Monroe, LA

My sister's dog urinated on my burgundy leather couch. The couch is a washed out kind of bomber jacket leather and has a "worn" look. The stain left a very dark circle on the couch. There is no odor left, just the stain. I was out of town and did not find the stain until it was dry. Is there a way to get the couch back to way it looked before?

Tracie from Perry, FL

Answers:

Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch

No one has left feedback for this problem. I would say go for broke and try anything. You don't have much to lose at this point. I would take a spray bottle and put vinegar in it and soak it good, then I would use a wet vac to suck the vinegar and try this continuously to get the urine out. Or try blotting, re-wetting and re-blotting. You might try a dry method using the vinegar and applying a paste made of baking soda and allowing it to dry. As it dries it will put the stain away from the leather? Maybe? These are untested on leather; worth a shot though. (07/01/2009)

By lynnwoodstarbuck

Our dog has urinated on our "real" leather couch that was covered with a sofa cover already. Will the stain ever go away or will it look wet forever? I tried to clean it and the cleaner has dried but the stain stayed.

Al in Texas

Answers:

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

How annoying for you. Depending on the color of your couch you will find that leather shoe polish rubbed gently into the area, left overnight and then rubbed vigorously, will bring back the couch to its former glory. Match the colors carefully. And DON'T buff too hard or you will have a shiny patch. (01/04/2005)

By ang

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

With any solution, I would pretest on an out of site piece of leather. (01/04/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

I tried gently wiping over the area with hair gel. It took it out and then after that I used perfume to take out the gel. It works. (10/08/2007)

By I'm the best deal with it

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

Wow, the suggestion to use hair gel really WORKED! Thanks so very much. I used water and a bit of ammonia to wipe the gel off. I think ammonia cuts or eliminates the urine smell. Perfume is probably good too. (10/14/2008)

By Barb

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

What kind of hair gel did you use? How do I apply it? Rub it in, wipe it off, then perfume? More details please. Got a new puppy for Christmas and need all the advice I can get. Thanks! (12/19/2008)

By lisa