Flavoring Old Dog Bones

My dog has some perfectly good dog bones (the chewy type you buy at the pet store) but he prefers the new $6.00 ones straight out of the package. Am thinking there may be something I can dip them in that will have a non-staining healthy flavored coating. Suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Try tossing them into the middle of the dog food bag or bin. Kinda gives them that "new Smell." Works with my mutts.

The last time I made bacon, I took my dogs 2 bone 'ends' he'd been neglecting and put them in the sink and poured the grease over them and let them drain for a few hours. He liked 'em again after that. I also found out that instead of giving him the small bones that he can eat one a day, i've been buying him the HUGE ones that last him a month LOL!

Lily - did you have a grease stain on the carpet after that?

I put a little peanut butter in the folds of the old "chewies"--our dog loves them!

Our standard poodle chews beef bones but stops after they lose flavor. It's expensive to buy new ones, so our breeder suggested boiling them with buillion cubes(the little flavor cubes used for soup). We tried it and Lucy loved it!

Pets Dogs Dog ToysApril 16, 2008
Making Mushroom Powder
Making Mushroom Powder
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Almonds
Substitution for Almond Extract
🎄