Can I Lighten Dark Hair With Lemon Juice?

I have heard about dyeing (lightening) your hair with lemon juice, and I read a lot of comments saying that it works! It's awesome!, but the thing is, they are blonde/light brown haired people. My question is how would it turn out for very dark brown, almost black hair?

By Kristy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Hello, from my own experience of using lemon juice on my hair is, that with dark brown hair it usually will shade it with red tones and not blond.

Yes you can! My hair is supper dark brown, it gave my hair lovely shine and in light deep red to auburn hues. If used regularly, it can bleach your hair way lighter. I would use it carefully though because you may end up with a shad you like then use it too much and lose it. My hair usually goes back darker but it depends on your hair type. It's awesome stuff! Good luck.

Answer

Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringSeptember 23, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Woman with lightened hair on her arms.
Making Your Arm Hair Lighter
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:10:39 PM on 10.0.0.171 in 743 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.