Keep Channels on Back of Remote

While I am watching cable/satellite TV, I can never remember which channel is which (AMC, TBS, MTV, etc). Now I cut and tape the channels (from provider's website) on the back of every remote. No more guessing.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

That would work in daylight but I watch TV at night with just a nightlight in the corner of the room. I can usually feel my way around on the remote control to find the schedule of stations and programs. That's the only way other than going up and down channels.

After we changed cable providers we had new channel #'s plus many many more channels. I prefer to watch in HD and most of the channels I like are in HD but those have even different channel #'s that are a 4 digit number. A few I have memorized but no way on many more than that. What I did was to type up a list on a piece of paper that I keep on the end table next to where I sit. I put the channel # plus the name of the channel. It was easy enough to do because we were given a channel directory. I could also look at that but find it's just too much to weed through and the print is very small. I also have too many channels I like to fit glued on pieces of paper on remotes which is going to come off eventually.....sooner here than later because I've got young kids! Glad it works for you tho. We should always make things easier on ourselves!

Hey, anything that helps you find your fave channels while learning your new channel numbers gets my vote! I'll need a similar solution starting next Tuesday, when we switch from Dish Network to cable for the first time in nearly 10 years. I'm still debating whether or not to bother with the HD channels. Neither hubby nor I see well enough for it to matter. However, I think I'll make a short list of our fave channels in large print. By typing it into my word processor and saving it, I can go back and read it as often as I need to. Hubby can stick the printed list wherever it'll be most convenient for him, and after a couple of weeks I should have the new lineup memorized. btw, TXBetty, have you considered a small flashlight or penlight?

A stack of remote controls for various electronics.
Organizing Remote Controls
Entertainment TelevisionFebruary 28, 2011
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Remote Car Alarm
Using a Remote Car Alarm
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control